If you like something there is lobha; if you dislike something there is dosha; you live between the two.
The Buddha said in the Kālāma Sutta:
- Do not believe what you have heard;
- do not believe in the traditions, because they had been handed down for generations;
- do not believe in anything because it is rumoured and spoken by many;
do not believe merely because a written statement of some old sage is produced;
do not believe in conjectures;
do not believe in that as truth to which you have become attached by habit;
- do not believe merely the authority of your teachers and elders.
But after observation and analysis, when it agrees with reason
and is conducive to the good and gain of one and all, only then accept
it and live up to it.
- To abstain from evil;
To do good;
To purify the mind:
These are the teachings of all the Buddhas.
* Dhamma reasons why no fees are charged for Vipassana courses - including for boarding and lodging
* One-day Vipassana courses at Global Pagoda (for those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana course)
Across countless aeons and endless time, may every moment of benefit from Vipassana practice go for the liberation of all beings.